Greetings! I am the Daru Badalu! The Darupedia is my personal collections of interesting infos from the old and archived texts of the Ayanad Library.
I will do my best to gather knowledges of the past and present them to you for use in your journeys back into the world of ArcheAge: Classic!
Starting AA Classic as a New Player! (2024)
Starting off:You'll want to get your settings in place before you start playing of course. It's recommended that all players take a few moments to set up their hotkeys/action bars, preferred functions etc. Once you do this, you will want to go to CHARACTER SELECT and then EXIT THE GAME completely to ensure all of your settings are saved. If you forget this and crash, ArcheAge is notorious for resetting any changes you made but did not save by going to Char Select.
Here are some settings I recommend you use for some QOL things.
- Game Settings
- Name Info
- Disable Friendly and Enemy Pet/Summon Names
- Uncheck Display Nation Name
- Game Info
- Check Show Health Stats
- Check Show Mana Stats
- Check Close Tutorial
- Check View Frame Rate
- Skill Deployment Location (This is a preference for many players, I recommend you see what it does and decide if its for you)
- Disable Camera Shake Effects
- Disable Quest Dialogue Close-ups (Unless you're roleplaying/reading Lore)
- Learn where the "Disable Travel Through Other Players' Portals" option is, you'll want to use it when fighting against players trying to grief you.
- If your PC is bad, Show Default Player Appearances can be helpful for your gameplay experience.
- Disable Chat Filter, the game's innate filter makes a lot of words censored for no reason and its more harm than good.
- Name Info